Kesslerville

Kessler family blog....

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I Blame Myself

I admit it. I haven't been keeping up with my news and notes. It's been busy, but that's no excuse. The truth is that we finally got satellite TV. I was on the fence about it (for about 15 years), but at the end of this year, there seemed to be a couple of reasons (besides the Super Bowl -- if the Browns weren't in it, the Patriots were bound to be) to break down and get a dish. First, of course, "Cover Shot," with casting by Beth and co-hosting by Josh, was scheduled to be on, and Pippi's friend Nate (and schoolmate Scooter -- that's really his name) were going to be on "Beauty and the Geek."

So we got the TV dish, and of course Cover Shot went on hiatus immediately. Whatever. So Pippi and I started scouring all 160 channels to find "Beauty and the Geek," and found out it wasn't one of the 160 channels and wasn't available in our area. Well, there was always the Patriots and the Super Bowl... BTW, Nate and Scooter are the finalists in "Beauty and the Geek" tonight. Our friends tape it for us, so we've been keeping up with it a day late.

Anyhow, I have been guilty of watching TV when I should be blogging. Today I finally have some free time because of the weather. I wasn't sure whether to go to work today, because the big snow storm that just left the midwest arrived in New England. It didn't look too bad at first, and I wasn't sure whether to go, but I stayed home. Later this morning, I caught up with the National Weather Service warning:

A BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT. SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES TODAY AS LOW PRESSURE STRENGTHENS AND MOVES UP THE EAST COAST. HOURLY SNOWFALL RATES WILL APPROACH OREXCEED 2 INCHES PER HOUR LATER THIS MORNING AND AFTERNOON. IN ADDITION...WINDS WILL INCREASE AS THE DAY PROGRESSES...WITHGUSTS BETWEEN 30 AND 40 MPH QUITE LIKELY BY THIS AFTERNOON. THE HEAVY SNOWFALL RATES AND THE INCREASING WINDS WILL WORK INCONCERT TO PRODUCE BLIZZARD CONDITIONS...ESPECIALLY THIS AFTERNOON INTO THE EARLY EVENING HOURS. VISIBILITIES WILL FREQUENTLY BE REDUCED TO UNDER A QUARTER MILE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT AT BEST...AND NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE AT TIMES.

Don't worry...we're safe and sound at home, and the snow is really beautiful, but I'm glad I wimped out...

Anyhow, I will try to come back later today and post some photos from my visit with Pammy in Santa Fe. I can also put up a picture of the blizzard, but it will mostly look white.

1 Comments:

Blogger Avi said...

i watch that show! yay scooter and nate!

2/16/2007 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home