Kesslerville

Kessler family blog....

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Ben's Best




There's an old saying: If you don't want to start an argument, don't discuss religion, politics or pastrami. Opinions about the best pastrami sandwich ever are a personal thing, extremely personal, and we must each leave to others the freedom to hold their own ideal pastrami sandwich sacred. (In Canada, they say it's not pastrami, it's "smoked meat", but I think that's getting into politics.) So let me just say this: Ben's pastrami is not to be taken lightly. It's a contender. It's making a strong statement, deli-wise. Or as Josh put it, "It's definitely not the worst pastrami sandwich you've ever eaten." But whatever you think about the pastrami, you've got to have good things to say about the kishka and the stuffed cabbage.
I didn't include the photo of the chopped liver so that this blog could remain suitable for all ages. I'll leave the controversial photos to Romy (you go, girl).

7 Comments:

Blogger Romy said...

well actually, the smurf people are only controversial in some states ;-)

12/11/2005 11:18 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

It's hard to have anything good to say - we're still so upset since someone stole the kishka.

12/12/2005 11:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

when it comes to controversial pictures and deli sandwiches, you can't put anything passed our very attractive young cousin Romy. I think you've all heard of the Hot Passed Romy Sandwich

12/13/2005 6:01 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

I am very upset with your corny humor like that Reb- although the wit was rather droll. I guess you could call my concern a corny beef on wry. Thank you SIR, mayo have another?

12/14/2005 9:44 AM  
Blogger Nim said...

Booker, hold your tongue! I guess you'll have that corny beef on a (har) droll instead of wry.

(If anyone else has mustard up a bad sandwich joke, you're welcome to join the Club.) (or maybe we'll just call that a wrap.)

12/16/2005 2:44 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

Well said, P Nimmy, Wrap star. You're my Hero. But enough is enough - you're too quick for me. I know that I can't ketchup, so you don't have to Reuben it in. As we all know, you always were able to make our late grandmother laugh - yes, your jokes used to kielbassa. Oh, and by the way,have you heard of the Hot Passed Romy Sandwich?

12/18/2005 10:31 AM  
Blogger Romy said...

blintzes.



i don't think i understand tha game...but there it is.

1/11/2006 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home