Kesslerville

Kessler family blog....

Monday, May 14, 2007

Where is Nim?

Certainly the spotlight in Kesslerville belongs on Jonah and Julia's engagement. Mazel tov to the happy couple, especially to Jonah, who has found a woman who still loves him even after she's met the mishpachah.

But that's not why I'm posting this. Take a moment, if you will, to read the preceding posts on Kesslerville. My own daughter has shamed me in front of the multitudes (although I'm kind of used to being in that position). My own brother (et tu, Bookie?) has compared me with Marie Antoinette, even though I look nothing like Kirsten Dunst (although I can see the resemblance if I look in the mirror just right.)


As the photo to the left demonstrates, even though a man may be treated as a king by others, yet may he be brought low by those he loves.





Which reminds me of a tale told by the Rabbis, of Moses at the Red Sea. The Egyptians were close behind the Children of Israel, and Moses just needed to make the waters part -- in a hurry! Unfortunately, he had left his mystic rod with his irresponsible brother Aaron, who was hanging out way in the back of the assembled Israelites. Moses thought quickly and said "Throw it to me, brother," and Aaron, with a mighty heave threw Moses' staff across the entire nation of Israel. Moses caught it, parted the Red Sea, and thus (as you have probably guessed) created the first forward passover. And to this day, every football coach will tell you that you can't get anywhere without the help of your staff.

And yet...Booker wanted to know why I was reluctant to share my Passover story....I think you can see why I hesitated...which reminds me of another story, but I'll save it.



Thanks to Rosa and Booker for prompting me back into action. No good deed goes unpunished, and to prove it, here is a photo of Rosa that I just came across:





She hasn't changed a bit...

1 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

Ah, Nim, it's great to see that your infectious wit is back, but I have to warn you, that staph stuff can be nasty.

5/16/2007 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home